Specialised Project and Logistics Services
You can be assured of our professional and reliable service to have your shipments happen on time, on budget and with no hassles!
Questions you can ask us at Specialised Project and Logistics Services…
So what do you look for when hiring a good Freight Forwarder, especially one who specialises in haulage and shipping of machinery and equipment for the mining, agricultural and industrial sectors?
The following are simple guidelines to help you along:
1. What is the Freight Forwarder’s experience? Inquire about past clients, what sort of oversize cargo they have handled in the past, and how long they have been doing business. Are they able to handle your job from start to finish with a minimum of stress and maximum efficiency.
2. What size and type of projects is your Freight Forwarder or Project Logistics Services company, comfortable handling? Is your job too small or large for the firm? Freight Forwarders will often have a core business that they are comfortable handling, although some like Specialised Project & Logstics Services have a wealth of experience handling freight of all kinds as well as specialty freight such as oversize cargo for the mining, agricultural and industrial sectors or handling factory installations and removals – whether by road or rail haulage, sea freight or air freight.
3. What services do they offer? This could include ocean freight, air freight, trans shipment services, FCL and LCL cargo, insurance, permits, rolling stock, haulage – can they arrange customs clearance services for you or recommend a reliable customs broker. With regard to transporting heavy machinery and equipment – can they take care of all the details for you with minimum fuss and maximum care.
4. Can the Forwarder arrange insurance and permits for you, if necessary? Insurance is an integral part of shipping freight – especially oversize freight – you need this to protect you and your precious cargo every step of the journey.
5. Does the forwarder have the ability to offer you a range of different solutions for you freight needs? The forwarder should be able to guide you on what routes or specialised services are the best to use for your particular job. If they have the experience you require, you will know that your job is in safe hands.
6. What are their costs and can they work with your budget? Rates will vary among freight forwarders. When dealing with oversize cargo and heavy equipment in particular – it is always wise to remember – you get what you pay for.
When importing or exporting or moving oversize cargo within and to and from Australia, you want everything to run as smoothly as possible. It is vital that the forwarder understands your specific requirements and tailors a logistics service to your own particular needs.
Within Australia, we service all states, New South Wales (NSW), Queensland (Qld), Western Australia (WA), South Australia (SA), Victoria (Vic), Tasmania (Tas), Northern Terrritory (NT) and the ACT. We can run freight services to and from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Hobart, Adelaide, Rockhampton, Geelong, Mackay, Wollongong, Darwin, Gladstone, Townsville, Mt. Isa, Kalgoorlie, Olympic Dam, Port Hedland, Dampier, Parkes and Newcastle to name a few. Please enquire if you have another destination, we service most places within Australia.
Sea and air freight is our specialty. We can arrange the importing or exporting of your cargo to or from the following countries or areas – please enquire if the country you are shipping to or from is not listed below in the footer.